Well I'm not gonna force you to read my blog, but if you should happen to stumble upon it, take the time to sift through it as it may prove to be of some relevance to you. God forbid, you may actually enjoy it and you would wish to click the button which would mean you were eternally my follower. There isn't really any sort of meaning or specific task that this blog sets out to fulfil, think of it as bohemian.

Wednesday 26 May 2010

Reading 2010

Its so fucking kick-ass this year. Definitely made the right choice of festival, was well worth the risk :)

Compared with the 10 bands at Sonisphere I want to see and the 20 bands at Download I want to see, Reading comes out on top with 25 awesome bands that I'll hopefully catch (if the clashes aren't too mean to me).

For anyone on Spotify who wants to have a listen to a selection of 5 songs from each band playing at Reading; click here for quite a brilliant playlist (if I do say so) that I fixed up yesterday :)

Definite recommendations that you might not have heard of:

Gogol Bordello (Gypsy Punk; for fans of Flogging Molly, Sonic Boom Six, Dead Kennedy's)
Frank Turner (Folk Rock; for fans of Newton Faulkner, Jose Gonzalez, Jamie T)
Thrice (Prog/Hardcore; for fans of Alexisonfire, Protest The Hero, Funeral For A Friend)
Streetlight Manifesto (Ska/Punk; for fans of Madness, Sonic Boom Six, Reel Big Fish)
Crazy Arm (Folk Punk; for fans of Flogging Molly, NOFX, Sum 41)
The King Blues (Acoustic Rock; for fans of The Maccabees, The Gaslight Anthem, You Me At Six)

But I'm sure you'd find loads of hidden gems in that playlist :)

City and Colour in nineteen days omg! 



<3

No comments:

Post a Comment